Cornwall BRANCH – PLYMOUTH DIOCESE – Formed 1998 closed 2016
Sections at the time of closing:-
Sections at Bodmin, Camborne/Redruth, Falmouth, Liskeard, Newquay and St. Austell.
The oldest section in Cornwall was Falmouth founded in 1940 by Lady St. Levan. This energetic lady also formed the sections of Camborne in 1947, Truro in 1952, Redruth and Newquay in 1953 and in 1958 took 32 ladies from the CWL in Cornwall on a Pilgrimage to Rome.
Cornwall Devon & Dorset holds an annual pilgrimage to Buckfast Abbey every May. Members processes through the grounds into the Abbey where Mass is celebrated by our Bishop Christopher Budd.
In 2010 past President, Maria Barnes received the Benemerenti Medal from Father Mark O’Keeffe, spiritual advisor for the Cornwall Branch. Maria worked very hard for the CWL during her time as an active members, and was the also the Regional Officer for Region 4 for many years as well as being the Liaison Officer for over 10 years.